In the free online course Sustainable Business - Entrepreneurship and Innovation learn how entrepreneurship and innovation can relate to sustainable business and how entrepreneurial innovators forge new paths and break with accepted ways of doing things in new or existing businesses.The course begins by introducing you to the process of entrepreneurship and explains different challenges that can occur when you become an entrepreneur. You will learn how different types of entrepreneurs run successful businesses whilst undertaking sustainable practices. Next, you will learn the importance of innovation when running a sustainable business. You will learn how technology and innovation are related and how they are useful for business sustainability. You will learn how important it is to create new relationships and contacts when running a business.Finally, you will be introduced to Simply Green Biofuels, a sustainable fuelling company. You will follow the company’s journey from the beginning, learning about challenges it faced and success it achieved. Through this case study you will gain a stronger understanding how sustainability can be linked with entrepreneurship and how sustainability entrepreneurship can be a successful and worthwhile venture.This free course will be of great interest to business professionals and entrepreneurs who would like to learn how entrepreneurship can lead to innovation in regards to sustainability in business and how this can benefit both the economy and society.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Discuss what is meant by entrepreneurship.
- Discuss the relationship between opportunity and entrepreneurship.
- Explain the different motivations for becoming an entrepreneur.
- Explain what intrapreneurship is and how it relates to entrepreneurship.
- Discuss the challenges facing entrepreneurs.
- Discuss the role of entrepreneurship in sustainable business.
- Discuss what is involved in international entrepreneurship.
- Explain what is meant by social entrepreneurship.
- Explain the role of innovation in sustainable business.
- Discuss the relationship between technology and innovation in sustainable business.
- Discuss the relationship between social networks and innovation in sustainable business.
- Discuss the motivation to start the company Simply Green Biofuels and challenges that were faced by the company.
- Explain a range of concepts that relate to entrepreneurship and sustainable business that arose with Simply Green Biofuels.