In the free online course Sustainable Business - Marketing Strategy for Sustainable Products and Services learn how a business can conduct sustainable marketing by developing and promoting products and services that meet consumer needs utilizing resources responsibly to ensure a better quality of life now and for future generations to come.The course begins by introducing you to the practice of sustainable business marketing. You will learn how sustainable business marketing draws on traditional marketing methods and applies them to sustainable initiatives and products and services. You will learn that ways in which a business creates a strong sustainability marketing strategy in order to be successful. Next, you will be introduced to the marketing mix. You will learn how basing the marketing mix on sustainability principles allows for an effective sustainable marketing approach. You will learn the importance of market segmentation in order to tailor marketing efforts to consumers that are best aligned as potential buyers or customers of a product or service. Finally, you will be learn about the market barriers that need to be considered and addressed by sustainability marketers in order to better position their products and services for growth. You will learn about the various business risks involved in sustainable business marketing that can cause problems with a company’s marketing plan. This free course will be of great interest to business professionals, marketers, and eco-entrepreneurs who would like to learn how a business can successfully market sustainable products and services in a sustainable way.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments. A link to purchase your Diploma certificate will then appear under the My Certificates heading of your My Account page.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe sustainable marketing and how it differs from traditional marketing.
- Discuss what is involved in creating a sustainable marketing strategy for a business.
- Define how sustainability works in the marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion)
- Discuss the process of consumer market segmentation and how it relates to sustainable marketing
- Describe marketing tools used to help promote products and services
- Discuss the market barriers to sustainable products and how they can be addressed.
- Discuss the risks associated with sustainability marketing.