The World Student Community for Sustainable Development (WSCSD) is an international multi-disciplinary organization of university students and young professional who take the lead – as motivated and engaged students and scientists, as social entrepreneurs and as visionaries for a more sustainable future.
Our organization facilitates project collaboration and information exchange, offers multi-disciplinary and international opportunities and runs international projects to foster student participation in sustainable development.
Our strength is our diversity and commitment to action. We are an umbrella organization for several student communities and a growing network of individual members with the ability to think and act both locally and globally, while sharing a vision to make a difference. We are supported by our networks of alumni and advisers.
We are a non-profit making association under the Swiss Civil Code (ZGB, ART.60FF), in Zürich, Switzerland.
To be the leading international student organization that carries out meaningful sustainability projects that result in transformative change in the lives of individuals and communities around the world.
We envision a Head-Heart-Hands education approach that builds connections between sustainability literacy, sustainable behavior and sustainable communities.
The mission of the WSCSD and its member Student Communities (SCs) is to actively promote the incorporation of sustainability and sustainable development at every stage of education, research, business and public policy.
WSCSD's mission is three fold:
- Explore sustainability on campus and beyond
- Engage in creating positive eco-social change
- Empower a network of student innovators and entrepreneurs focused on community solutions and sustainability.
- Propagate the agenda of sustainability and sustainable development among students both as a relevant academic discourse and a culture of practice;
- Encourage and empower students to promote the concept of sustainability, both in centers of learning and the society at large, by way of facilitating the implementation of community based projects;
- Host and participate in sustainability forums, local and international.